Thursday, May 14, 2009

This is Me

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, and the world will live as one."

John Lennon said that. It sums me up...pretty completely.

I don't really believe in blogging, most of the time, but then again...it seems like a reasonable outlet. Half-finished novels aren't a good outlet given the fact that they end at some point. Even a good series has an end point. Yes, I consider
Harry Potter to be a good series...the Twilight series has good intentions, but, alas, falls flat.

I've just turned twenty years old and I'm having a...fifth life crisis. The transition from having -teen tacked onto the end of your age to becoming a person in their twenties is monumental. A new chapter. Not good for someone with Peter Pan syndrome, such as myself.

I am overly critical, yet lazy. I'm annoyingly insecure, yet arrogant. I'm overwhelmingly creative, yet completely unoriginal. I'm extremely sexual, yet virginal. I'm very smart, yet goofy. I'm a shell of walking contradictions, and as I'm finally accepting the fact that...yes, I'm going to have to eventually grow up, I'm finding out who I am. It only took two years in college to figure out that that's what college is really for (you know, besides that education thing that I'm paying 31,000 dollars a year to earn).

I was going to name my blog "Confessions of a College Virgin," but decided against it. Not that I'm not proud (though I am surprised) by the fact, it just gives it an entirely different meaning, though I am one. "Confessions of a Shopaholic" has been used and will probably soon be overused, though I am one. "Confessions of an Aspiring Writer" made it sound like I was hoping someone would read this and publish me, though I am one. However, I'm also a dreamer. I'm naive. I firmly believe in global warming, that something is going to happen on 12/21/2012, and that if I work hard, I will get all that I want in life.

I really hate introductions. I get flustered and feel like I'm really self-centered, which is what I feel about blogging...and tweeting for that matter. Yet somehow, here I am blogging and I, in fact, have a Twitter. The point is, I am a little self-centered, aren't we all?, and I'm also modest and don't take compliments well at all, for that matter.

So, the point of this is, basically, a little self-discovery minus the pettiness that flooded my livejournal, back when those were cool...back when I was a narcissistic, judgmental fifteen (and eighteen) year-old. This should be a grand ol' time. :)

I also really like music. And because of that all of my blog titles are also song titles. I like everything (except metal and country...and a chunk of rap music), focusing primarily on Broadway Cast Recordings, acoustic rock, late 90s bubblegum pop, and all Mandy Moore (an admiration I cannot explain to say the least, in the least). Don't be surprised with the songs you may think you've forgotten about that I manage to dig up for these :) I think it's fun and music is an excellent way to express yourself.

"This is Me" by Dream; 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment